Monday, 22 August 2011

Minsterley Show - Sat 20th Aug

We had a stand in the craft tent at Minsterly Show on Saturday.
Minsterley is the counties oldest one day agricultural show, but it is so much more than that.  Being new to Shropshire I had never been but I would thoroughly recommend it as a day out if you have a young family.  Lots of animals to see, stands, funfair and shows plus lots of free kids entertainment.  It is held in a farm field so good shoes are needed - it was a dustbowl this year but I am told wellies are normally the order of the day, even if it is a dry day.
We a had a really good day.  I sold yards and yards of bunting again and took bespoke orders for miles more - one order to decorate a village hall for a wedding - thats a lot of flags! The world seems to have gone bunting bonkers!
My delux part bags with hand sewn applique and embroidery were best sellers again and the long wooden snakes we recently introduced (each is nearly 3 foot long) were greeted with wide eyes and joy by most small boys.

Both via my website and at the show I have taken some exciting bespoke orders.  People are just bursting with such fabulous ideas.  Most of the sewing I have been doing this week I cannot say too much about because the wedding is yet to happen and it would spoil the surprise for the guests, but I have been making favours that are so original and amusing - I love them.  I will tell you more later. I am hoping the customer will allow me to copy her idea and add them to my range.

Read more crafty blogs at Handmade Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successful fair... you may well be bunted out when you finish your wedding commission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done you! Sounds like a great weekend day out too.

    Alison

    Blue Forest Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek, I thought those snakes were real! Glad to see a good weekend had by all.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a brilliant weekend. Yup, I agree the world has gone bunting mad - I think it evokes the feeling of the moment. It's so simple but such a lot of fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you had a great time and your fair. I love your snakes and bags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your sales and orders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent on you sales! Well done, and nice to hear you had fun! Always important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great show.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding bunting and favours, it's all intriguing.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful! Glad you did well. I love the bags, they are so cute. I bet my boys would have all wanted a snake when they were little!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much for comments. Debs

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done on your fair sale!

    your bags are sooo cute! love the simple design and the gingham!!

    ReplyDelete