Sunday, 11 December 2011

Seasons Greetings

Time waits for no man or woman! I can’t believe where it goes. I have been busy, busy, busy making Christmas fabric gift bags and bottle gift bags, even a bespoke Christmas tree skirt as well as fulfilling our online shop orders. I love bespoke orders – they are so exciting and you have such fabulous ideas.  I recently made a bundle of drawstring goodie bags in ever increasing sizes, to be used as pass the parcels.  No more frantic, fiddly wrapping at midnight the night before the party for that clever mum.  With her own children, her sister’s kids and close friends they had worked out the set would be used at least 15 times a year for many years to come.  Oh how I wish I had thought of that when mine were toddlers!

In addition, I have attended Christmas craft fayres at Pontesbury, Welti Health & Fitness gym, Concorde College, Shrewsbury Wildlife Trust Centre, Much Wenlock and Shrewsbury High School.  All were great events and I have so many ideas swimming around in my head after chatting which such enthusiastic and creative customers. We have a whole new stock of eco-friendly small toys and I am so glad customers love them as much as we do.

Life was bundling along when sadly in November we learned that our nephew LCpl Richard Scanlon, serving with the QDG was killed on operations in Afghanistan by an IED mine. He was repatriated on 23rd November and was laid to rest with full military honours on Saturday 10th December 2011. Our thoughts and love are with his Mum and Dad and close family - may he rest in peace.

I am planning to increase the range of the handmade bunting, fabric party bags, party favours and kids birthday party stuff so it is even easier for you to have an eco party. Today, the 120 metres of new wonderful fabric I have ordered arrived – I am so excited. The new fabric will fulfil the many requests I have had for different party themes including animal/farm, unisex multicoloured spots and butterflies, giving Lootybag customers a wider range of choice. If anyone out there knows of a fabric printed with knights or castles I would love to know. It is a frequently requested theme for which I have not been able to find anything suitable. One desperate lady imported 3 yards of knight fabric all the way from USA (incurring vast shipping costs!) to be made into party bags for her little boys party.

Also, in line with our eco party theme, we have stocked a wider selection of amazing party bag fillers and baby gifts, from traditional wooden block puzzles to eco-chum soft toys.

The season of good will and Peace on Earth is upon us once again (although I have to admit, it feels as though it’s appeared out of nowhere this year!) and with it, naturally comes a seemingly endless string of parties, nativity plays, school concerts and celebrations to attend. Am I the only one who feels like they are careering around like a madman at this time, wishing I had at least started my Christmas shopping?

If I don’t hear from you before I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hello to all at Handmade monday - sorry I hae been absent for a couple of weeks. As you can read above family had to come first for a little while (and I also have had the horrible flu that has laid so many low)

13 comments:

  1. Gosh, reading all that has exhausted me. What a good thing it goes quiet in Jan/Feb you will need that time to do all the things you have planned.
    Very sorry for your loss. It will certainly dampen your family festivities. What can one say that you have not already heard? It takes time and do cry for him as it is part of the healing process. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-usable pass the parcel? what a clever idea. So sorry to hear about your nephew, hope your family is doing ok. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your nephew, you must all be devastated. How brave these men are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your nephew my thoughts are with your family

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your nephew. Whenever something like this happens it is always very sad, but seems to be more so at this time of year when you want your family to be with you and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're so busy:) but so sorry to hear about your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are managing to keep so busy, these awful things that happen can change our lives and our way of doing and thinking, I had a similar experience many years ago and it made me embrace life and happy times with loved ones. I'm sending big hugs.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of your loss.....How brave these men and women are, day in day out.....Thoughts and prayers for your family. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences to your family for the loss of your nephew. My brother in law just left for his 3rd tour (first to Afghanistan).
    Sounds like you are staying very busy, and it's a good time to draw family near.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am very sorry to hear about your nephew. Looking forward to seeing all your new fabric and off to check out your new toys.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your loss. Remember, gone but never ever forgotten. Hope the New year brings you better things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear of your loss. Sad news at any time but even more so at Christmas. Thoughts are with your family.
    Those pass the parcel bags are a novel idea. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete